Followers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BRoP Interview with Cat Torres


 Today's guest is Cat Torres.  This is Part V of her progressive interview across five blogs.  You can find her at these other spots as well.

Part 1 - Wednesday, September 26 @ Terri
Part 2 - Thursday, September 27 @ Teresa
Part 3- Friday, September 28 @ Emily
Part 4 - Monday, October 1 @ Sandra
Part 5 - Tuesday, October 2 @ Dean

Welcome to the Write Time Cat, ready to share some of what you've learned with the rest of us?  First off, tell us just a little bit about yourself.

I am in my mid-twenties and I graduated with a BA in Anthropology and a minor in Humanities. The name I go by is Cat and I love to write about the apocalypse, but not in the biblical sense of the word. Any sort of dystopian, end of the world stories seriously interest me. I guess it has a lot to do with being part of the rat race of life, trying to climb the great ladder of success.

Tell us about your route to success – how/when did you decide to self-publish? Did you query an agent first? How did you handle the editing, proofreading, cover design, etc.
I queried an agent first. During the querying process, for one reason or another, I decided to self-publish the book. After that, I asked around for editors and was recommended I try Faith Williams of The Atwater Group. She's fantastic! The cover design, like I said before, was done through Caterina Grandy and a friend. After that, self-publishing through Amazon and the other vendors wasn't too hard.

What are the most important elements of good writing?
The most important elements to good writing, in my opinion, are when I get an emotional response from the reader. Being eloquent and coming up with a great idea doesn't mean anything to me if my readers don't cry, laugh, get angry, and gasp throughout the book. I also like plot twists, so I also try to surprise the reader.

What tools are must-haves for writers?
Laptops and the internet. You have to have both to build your platform through social media, do research, and write a good manuscript.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Have patience and success will come to you. 

What do you feel is the key to your success?
Working hard. I'm not a quitter, so if someone tells me I have to re-write a scene, I'll re-write it. 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Don't give up and make true friends that share the same passion of writing.

What are your current / future project(s)?
I have a manuscript titled Death's List that I want to query and I'm almost finished with the first draft of Biohazard Tattoo, book #2 of the Zombie Trilogy.

Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Like what you write because if you don't like it, your readers won't either.




Other places you can find Cat on the web:
Website: http://caterinatorres.com/
Blog: http://caterinatorres.com/blog/
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caterina-Torres/340181086022992
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5620895.Caterina_Torres
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaterinaTorres
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Caterina-D-Torres/e/B0086O514C/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
Smashwords: N/A
Other:

What format is your book(s) available in (print, e-book, audio book, etc.)?
e-book and print.

2 comments:

caterina torres said...

Thanks for having me on your blog! This five-part interview was really fun. :p

Dean C. Rich said...

Enjoyed having you here. Thanks for participating.