Followers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Congradulations Mindy!

Last week's guest blogger, Mindy McGinnis just nailed down her first contract for her first book. I've talked a lot about Agent Query Connect (AQC) and this is why. She was able to get an agent, and the agent landed her a publishing contract. Check out her blog where she tells her story

Congratulations BBC - that is what she goes by over at AQC, that is how I met her, so she is BBC to me! Here is the official blurb about her book(s):

Mindy McGinnis's NOT A DROP TO DRINK, the story of a teenage girl surviving in a rural America where an ounce of fresh water is worth more than gold and death wanders the countryside as thirst, cholera, and the guns of strangers; when her mother dies in an accident, the girl must decide between defending her pond alone or banding together with a crippled neighbor, a pregnant woman, a filthy orphan, and a teenage boy who awakens feelings she doesn't understand, to Sarah Shumway at Katherine Tegen Books, in a good deal, at auction, in a two-book deal, by Adriann Ranta at Wolf Literary Services (World).

2 comments:

BBC said...

Thanks so much, Dean! I appreciate it! And yes, this is exactly why AQC rocks. Couldn't have done it without my internet home away from home.

Dean C. Rich said...

You are welcome. My story is similar to yours. My query letters didn't hit the mark, I've a ton of rejection slips. Then I found AQC and learned my query letter had, shall we say, issues. My ms isn't polished enough. Don't sell a trilogy, sell one book, and that book needs to be a stand alone story. So, yes AQC is the place to go to help get your writing career going in the right directions.

You are an inspiration for me, and many of our friends at AQC. Good luck with the next steps.