Followers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BRoP Interview with Aaron Dennis Part V




Today guest is Aaron Dennis.  I'll let him introduce himself:

I’m Aaron Dennis, creator of the Lokians science fiction series. I’ll let you guess how old I am. I’ve only been writing since early 2011, and published since August 2012, but I came out like a bat from hell. Not out like out, but like out of nowhere…At any rate, everything you need to know about me is available on my website www.dennisauthor.com  Like Lokians on facebook or baby leopards will loose their spots. * * Disclaimer, Aaron is literally nuts *

Part 1 @ Terri - May 29th
Part 2 @ Teresa - May 30th
Part 3 @ Emily - May 31st
Part 4 @ Sandra - June 3rd
Part 5 @ Dean - June 4th


Section #5: Words of Wisdom
  1. Tell us about your route to success – where there any bumps and bruises along the way?
I’m still far from successful. I have 4 published novels, and many short stories, but until I no longer need a part time job to help with the bills, I am not successful. It will happen for me though. I just need to keep trying. So, that’s my advice to people; you can’t achieve what you don’t strive for. Simple, right? If you don’t keep trying, you’ll never get there.

  1. Why did you decide to go with an indie publisher? Did you use/do you have an agent?
I went with an indie publisher because my contract states that they get first dibs on a series. I don’t have an agent, or maybe I do….it depends when this thing goes public. I’m working on landing an agent because I need to promote my books as films, and RSA Films told me if I had an agent, they’d be interested…so…you know. Obviously, I need an agent.

  1. What are the most important elements of good writing?
Readability. It’s a word I like to believe I created. By readability, I mean the story needs to flow well. This is a multi-faceted concept, and I won’t dive into an explanation here, suffice it to say, your audience needs to enjoy reading the book. Not everyone likes action. Not everyone likes romance, but everyone likes a story that flows well.

  1. What tools are must-haves for writers?
A command of the language in which the story is written, and a degree of creativity. Let’s be honest for a moment. Every concept has been portrayed at this stage of the game, so it’s the way one portrays said concept, which makes it original. I’m reminded of the South Park skit, Simpson’s did it, but it was ok, because everything’s been done by now. Just do it your way. YOLO. Apologies…..

  1. Do you have any advice for other writers?
If you are creative, keep going. If you aren’t…maybe you should stop, or ghost write.

  1. What do you feel is the key to your success?
Again, I’m yet to be successful, by my standards, but I’d say my people skills. What good is the greatest book if no one reads it? I like to build contacts. Go socialize. Have a drink or 7.




Website: www.dennisauthor.com
Blog: www.authaarondennis.wordpress.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/lokians
Goodreads author page: I don’t know but it’s there somewhere….just look for Lokians
Twitter: @authaarondennis
Amazon: again…just type in Lokians
Smashwords: this is available on my site. J
Other:

What format is your book(s) available in (print, e-book, audio book, etc.)?

I think Epub and PDF, but I convert it to Mobi and whatever else

One final note I want to add…I was drinking when I answered these questions shhhhh

No comments: