Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Keep on Keeping On

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks to what happens."
-- Khalil Gibran

I agree, the quote is spot on. I had an epiphany this last week. I've been picking up the pieces and next week I start a new job. While my current job has been great, it is a bridge between places as the income is not where I needed it, and the hours are not good at all (try 6 PM to 6AM four days a week).

The new job is simalar to a job I had a year and a half ago. In fact when I left the industry I told my self not to ever go back.

What is that saying? "Never say never." Yea, that is the one. I'm going back.

But before I decided to go back I took a long careful look at why I was so unhappy, and why I wanted out so badly. It was a no win situation, and I was surrounded by a whole lot of negativity.

So I'm looking at where I'm going, and while it isn't exactly the same thing I was doing, it is close to it. Then I got to thinking about if I like it, what does it matter what else is going on. It is my attitude. I"ve also heard the saying "Attitulde determines altitude."

On the one hand I am really looking forward to the new opportunity. I've years of experiance that I am bringing to the table. I plan on being very successful with the new endevor. My epiphany was this, if I'm happy, don't let anyone tell me I should be unhappy. Don't let anyone rain on my parade, and don't worry what other people think. If I'm enjoying the work, and the people, don't let anyone else pull me down. Period.

I used to be like that. I intend to become like that again.

So I'll just add "Keep on keeping on." because that is all we can do. But do it with a smile. Find that happy place. Your own attittude will determine a whole lot of how things will be, or your attitude determines how things are.

How do you keep your attitudes positive?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said!

Dean C. Rich said...

Thank you, and thank you for reading

Unknown said...

Thanks Dean, I needed that this morning. Surrounded by sour people, with frowns on their faces. My frown is upside down. Keep smiling, it's gonna be a great day!

Eddie Galvan said...

Yourself:-It looks great.This post is very good. There is motivation for others.